A+ A A-

Assassin's Creed III Sales, PS2 Emulation on PS3, Crysis 3 to Be More Open World - Nick's Gaming View Episode #97

Nick's Gaming View Episode #97

Coming up today on Nick’s Gaming View, Assassin’s Creed III sales figures released, PS2 emulation on PS3 given more notice, and Crysis 3 confirmed to be more open world than its predecessor, THIS IS NICK’S GAMING VIEW!

Hello everyone and welcome to Nick’s Gaming View, you are here with your host, Nick McCandless. Assassin’s Creed III, unarguably one of the largest video game releases of 2012, has officially uncovered its sales figures exceeding expectations. Across both PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360, Assassin’s Creed III has sold over three million copies during its first week which is a 40 percent increase over its predecessor, Assassin’s Creed: Revelations. While most third party releases dominate on the Xbox 360 platform due to its larger market share, just 52 percent of the three million sold were on 360 while the remaining 48 percent went to Sony’s PS3. Sadly, the case does not exist on the Vita as just 100,000 copies were sold, but considering the much smaller market share of the recent portable platform, high sales figures were not to be expected.

Speaking of PlayStation, the drop of support of PlayStation 2 emulation on the PlayStation 3 years ago still stings the hearts of many PlayStation gamers, but Sony seems to have taken notice with a recent job listing. Titled “PS2 Emulation Debug Engineer”, Sony is after a potential team member in Liverpool or London with experience in PlayStation 2 coding and proficient in C++ coding. Could this hint towards a stronger focus on bringing PS2 support back into the PS3 via software despite the length of the PS3’s life cycle? Seems a bit late to me personally, but maybe we could see the entire library implemented within the PlayStation 4?

Wrapping up Nick’s Gaming View, Crytek, the developers behind the Crysis series has announced that Crysis 3 will be more like the first in terms of open world gameplay after receiving much feedback in regards to how streamlined the second release was. Releasing February of 2013, Crysis 3 is sure to be a release first-person shooters can enjoy after the tastes of Halo 4 and Call of Duty: Black Ops II wear off.

Well that concludes today’s episode of Nick’s Gaming View but be sure to follow me on Twitter @NickMcCandless and check back daily for Nick’s Gaming View for your daily access pass to all things gaming.

Audio clip: Adobe Flash Player (version 9 or above) is required to play this audio clip. Download the latest version here. You also need to have JavaScript enabled in your browser.

DOWNLOAD (Audio): Right Click and Save Link As...

E-mail: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Twitter: https://twitter.com/NickMcCandless

Google+: https://plus.google.com/101731558093991354166

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/OfficialNickMcCandless

Related Content

60 Minute Access: The Order: 1886 Part 2 60 Minute Access: The Order: 1886 Part 2
We actually were experience some of the longest gameplay in the entire game. More awesome cinematics and animation, but other areas were...
60 Minute Access: The Order: 1886 Part 1 60 Minute Access: The Order: 1886 Part 1
WARNING! There will be spoilers! Welcome to The Order: 1886, the game that has received very mixed opinions. Is it a game worth buying? We...
What the Hale? Episode 27: The Order: 1886 What the Hale? Episode 27: The Order: 1886
Oh, "The Order: 1886”, we meet again since our first encounter at E3. My, have you changed...
Tori Sings Tori Sings "Let It Go"
Tori has some serious singing skills, so only natural that we get her singing the one song that just about everyone knows and likes. It is "Let It...

Leave your comments

Post comment as a guest


People in this conversation

  • Guest - bkinf



    0 Like Short URL:

Latest Editorials

Latest Interviews

Copyright 2008-2015, The Gamer Access LLC

Login or Register



User Registration
or Cancel