Top 10 Fun Things To Do In Skyrim

Top 10 Fun Things To Do In Skyrim

It’s been almost three weeks since the arrival of The Elder Scrolls V, and speaking for all Elder Scrolls fans, we couldn’t be more pleased. With the latest patch out to smooth over any rough edges, more and more people are saying goodbye to reality and immersing themselves into the magical land that is Skyrim. I’ve put together a list of some of the most fun things to do for those who have, or think they have, conquered all there is to conquer. Read more for my top ten fun things to do in The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim.

10. Get Naked

“Either I’m drunk, or you’re naked. Possibly both.”

After we’ve been playing for hours and hours on end, it’s not uncommon to get a little tiresome of running around doing all these extravagant favors for everyone. Ten-minute cure? Strip off your armor and show the people of Skyrim what you’ve got and listen to their responses about your birthday suit via a mod, (PC only), or just run around in your undies if you’re playing on a console, or shy. However I wouldn’t advise trying to kill any dragons like this.

9. Wabbajackin’

Turn fellow citizens into mudcrabs, rabbits, dremora, or just zap the life out of them with this insane staff. After a crazed meeting with everyone’s favorite daedric prince, Sheogorath, who is having himself a tea party with the deceased in the middle of nowhere… he will ask of you to do three very interesting little tasks and thus, you acquire the Wabbajack! Take it back to ‘reality’ with you and scare the hell out of J’zargo by turning him into a chicken.

See the Wabbajack in action here.

8. Get Married

Feeling lonely? Hate coming home to only your housecarl? Then you, my friend, need to find yourself an Amulet of Mara and get hitched. Do a favor for someone, and they will like you. Some more than others, giving you the option to ask if they are interested in you. They are, of course, and wish that you arrange a wedding, stat! After your slightly boring little ceremony, (in contrast to Vittoria Vici’s), you can move them to your place or have them follow you. The awesome part of all this is the perks that come along. Home-cooked meal, income from the mysterious store you suddenly have, and awakening feeling your lover’s comfort, whatever that entails.

7. Lie, Steal, Sneak, Kill

A favorite past-time of most in Skyrim, it’s always fun to be bad. So go on, tell the Alik’r where Saadia is hiding for a couple hundred gold. Sneak your way through the homes of sleeping families and steal all the valuables have to offer, and if they have anything to say about it, a good war axe to the face might shut them up.

6. Become a Werewolf, or Vampire

Find maniacal amusement by transforming into a werewolf and ripping apart the bodies of whomever you please. While you’re at it enjoy a health, stamina, and sprint speed increase by 100, a very fearful shout that summons wolves to fight by your side, and hand-to-hand melee damage bonuses. However all NPC’s will become hostile at the sight of you, you cannot equip items, use spells, of loot the pile of bodies you just created. If you find yourself regretting this transformation, there is a cure! As for vampires, you can only ‘go crazy’ on a sleeping NPC. At the fourth stage of vampirism, you are 100% resistant to ice, have a 100% weakness to fire, and all stats lowered by 60 points in sunlight. I deem this the least fun of the two because vampires, well… they suck.

5. Save Game, Start a Riot!

Every single time I’m about to quit the game I do this. Simply save the status of the game as you like it, and wreak havoc on anything and everything without worrying about paying off bounty or jail time. My personal favorite is going to Windhelm, starting a fight with the Stormcloak guards, then summoning dremora, familiars, and frost/flame atronachs to create one very delightful battle.

4. Join a Guild

Some say the quests you do within a guild are actually more fun than the main quest. Other than the intriguing visit to Sovngarde, I somewhat agree. The Dark Brotherhood, Thieves Guild, College of Winterhold, The Companions, Battle-Borne, and Imperial/Stormcloak Army, are all packed with substantially entertaining plots and perks to keep you playing for days.

3. Explore, Everything

I have a friend who has been playing Skyrim almost non-stop for a week now and hasn’t even started the main quest. If that doesn’t tell you how much pleasure you can get from just adventuring the lands and clearing dungeons then maybe you should take a break from all those endless favors you’re doing and find happiness in a nice draugr-filled cave, you could quite possibly learn a thing or two in there.

2. Mod It!

An advantage for PC gamers, modding takes Skyrim to a whole new level. Not that we don’t already want to marry the game itself, but there are a ton of useful, as well as hilarious, mods to enhance your Skyrim experience more than you thought it ever could. (See 10. Get Naked) For all the modifications your heart desires, check out www.skyrimnexus.com.

1. Slay a Dragon, Absorb a Soul

You knew this was coming. The unquestionably most entertaining thing to do in Skyrim is, dragon slaying! It doesn’t matter how you do it, sword, spell, bow, scroll, shout, fist… it never becomes tiresome. Absorbing the soul of a dragon is a very captivating thing as well. Don’t you feel like a real hard-ass standing there while the townspeople look on in disbelief that you are destined as Dovahkiin? I thought so. Just don’t slay Paarthurnax, he’s our friend.

If you would like to follow me on Twitter, feel free to follow me @BritneyParks

Written by: Nick McCandless

28 Comments Added

Join Discussion
  1. AndySmith December 3, 2011 | Reply
    I'd love to see you get naked............in Skyrim of course;-)
  2. gamefreakish December 3, 2011 | Reply
    i agree with you on most of these points! I have clocked in over 100 hours in Skyrim and still enjoy slaying dragons and causing disruptions with in the villages! I am LVL 38!
  3. RobPagell December 3, 2011 | Reply
    I actually enjoy all that. But makin staffs is a kick ass feature too. They crammed this game with outrageous amounts of gameplay! Love It
  4. AuTo December 4, 2011 | Reply
    i truly cannot wait for the arrival of the AMD 6990 i have recently purchased. This game is going to BLOW MY MIND
  5. Mikela1991 December 5, 2011 | Reply
    I think you scared Britney off with that comment!

@Britney Parks
    Trust me Britney, I am tired of these guys flipping out simply because a female is involved. We are humans too and guys need to understand that. Don't let it get to you an associate yourself with the right guys, but you probably already know that. Keep it up and I hope this gives you a sense of motivation.
  6. Skyrim4Nords December 6, 2011 | Reply
    My personal favorite thing to do is take a follower up to High Hrothgar and Fus Ro Dah their ass into the horizon XP
  7. Julian December 30, 2011 | Reply
    The picture on the top shows my fave weapon combination. Healing and elven mace... I hope the mace isn't enchanted... Otherwise, I usually try to go on a place where NPC's can't reach me, then rain hell on them in the form of firebolts and arrows.
  8. ConnorL December 31, 2011 | Reply
    I'm about to assasinate the Emperor... Wish me luck Xd
  9. zeandre January 16, 2012 | Reply
    i had a bounty in whiterun over 40 k :D but than i startet the main quest, had to go to jail, so i can complete it :D but yeah i like to create riot in cities :D to baad only that you cant kill the people with quests like in Fallout:NV ...in that case i would leave some ghost towns in skyrim :D
  10. allmightysausage January 25, 2012 | Reply
    @elitesandman
    you're kust jealous cuz you got suckered into some domeass console instead of opting for a gaming computer. so F*CK YOU i can play with a 30GB game installation (default with all dlc is about 13GB) with 4096x4096 textures (360 uses 1024x1024) on a 1080p 50 inch hdtv with NO LAG!! S*CK IT, B*TCH!!!
  11. xXscroogeXx January 26, 2012 | Reply
    Nice... I agree with almost everything... I. AM. SICK. OF. ANCIENT. DRAGONS! ... im lvl 63 at the moment and GOD! all the time is ancient dragons gawd! but still fruitcaken love the game!
  12. Mufasa January 30, 2012 | Reply
    im on my 3rd char now ;-) 1st was a sneaky mofo with higharchery, 2nd was a spell spammer but now im on to my meatsheild with 2handed... u can just charge into anyone and rip assholes, with being a warewolf it makes it that much sweeter, OH NOES IM LOW HP!!!! shout there asses to the wall and run away, turn into warewolf then come back for more pwnage... GOOOD TIMMMESSSS!!!!!!

if i could be a program i would marry skyrim :D 8)

Lolz at a kajit turning into a warewolf... ITS CATDOG!!!!
  13. mandude February 5, 2012 | Reply
    ;-);-);-);-);-);-);-);-);-);-);-);-);-);-);-);-);-);-);-);-);-);-);-);-);-);-);-);-);-);-);-);-);-);-);-);-);-);-);-);-);-);-);-);-);-);-);-);-);-);-);-);-);-);-);-);-);-);-);-);-);-);-);-);-);-)
  14. Blurtex33 February 23, 2012 | Reply
    Nice but some of these are pointless as playing on a PC in the first place is not fun.
  15. ponyboy December 30, 2012 | Reply
    This is awesome britney. I googled skyrim to do list n randomly clicked on this. Love u girlllllllll!
  16. woopwoop January 22, 2013 | Reply
    Listen to J-Jizza while you play! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hxfo3C8r2Sk
  17. Shitbags July 14, 2014 | Reply
    RE:Blurtex Fuck your console bitch.
  18. I love pace wu July 16, 2014 | Reply
    Skyrim is really fun. Had been busy with lots of cool skyrim mods!
  19. koousie September 29, 2014 | Reply
    [url=http://ccc.singerprofile.net/]http://ccc.singerprofile.net/[/url] [url=http://own.eventpages.org/]http://own.eventpages.org/[/url] [url=http://baryou.thecrazy.me/]http://baryou.thecrazy.me/[/url]
  20. Coach Bags Outlet October 16, 2014 | Reply
    What makes life dreary is the want of motive.The first step is as good as half over.
  21. MiniAdvices December 6, 2014 | Reply
    :( happy go lucky guy lands with fun [url="http://miniadvices.com"]MiniAdvices[/url] [url="http://ilikethatlook.com"]ILikeThatLook[/url]

Leave Your Reply

Founded on November 2008 by Nick McCandless, The Gamer Access is a rapidly rising portal of original video game industry content. With shows such as 60 Minute Access, Unscripted Access, and Super Mega Awesome Go Play Time, TGA boasts a reliable portfolio of media that is delivered to audiences around the world on a daily basis.

The site has delivered written reviews, launched its own web comic, conducted multiple gaming live streams on Twitch every week, and presented unparalleled cinematic video reviews.

Tweets

This week on Playing God is Grillby from Undertale! https://t.co/V6dPXWCCQi
60 Minute Access this week is on Assassin's Creed Syndicate! https://t.co/47E6UhURCH